New season, new Muslim football players in the Premier League! 3 teams down and 3 new teams are up among them are Aston Villa, Norwich and Sheffield UTD. Out of these three which team has the most muslim football players in the Premier League?
The last time Aston Villa were in the league they had quite a few players notably Jordan Ayew who now plays for Crystal Palace. In that same season Norwich also got relegated from the Premier League they had one player namely, Yussuf Mulumbu.
Muslim players are excellent professionals, they lead their teams by example and always put in a lot of effort. Last season there were 3 joint top scorers in the Premier league out of the 3, Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah of Liverpool 2 of whom are Muslim, they both won the UEFA Champions league as well. Even ex-footballers who are Muslim are doing great things after they have left. Take a look ar Fredi Kanoute’s attempt to build a masjid in Spain.
Now let’s take a look team by team in the Premier League and see exactly how many of them are actually Muslim football players!
Muslim Football Players 2019
We have most reliable data of how many players are actually muslim, sourcing out from reliable outlets. You can trust the list of Muslim football players in the Premier League regardless of Sunni or Shia Muslim the key is that they’re all Muslim, afterall we have been compiling definitive lists since 2012! This season there are 42 Muslim players in the Premier League, read on to see who they are and please share!
- Asmir Begovic of Bosnia and Herzegovina – GK
- Shkodran Mustafi of Germany – Def
- Sead Kolasinc of Bosnia and Herzegovina – Def
- Mohamed Elneny of Egypt – Mid
- Mesut Ozil of Germany – Mid
- Granit Zhaka of Switzerlan – Mid
- Ahmed El Mohamady of Egypt – Def
- Anwar El Ghazi of the Netherlands – Mid
- Trezeguet (Mahmoud Hassan) of Egypt – ST
Brighton & Hove Albion
- Alireza Jahanbaksh of Iran – St
- Beram Kayal of Palestine – Mid. (On loan to Charlton Athletic)